Sunday, September 21, 2008

getting back to normal

Things are getting back to normal around here. It's all back to normal in our house, complete with chaos and one crazy mama. Karl was able to finish the debris clean up and we are back to having a bunch of lawn bags on our front lawn (I paid some guy to haul away the first batch). I'm glad it's cleaned up. We were sooooooooo very lucky. Our poor neighbors STILL have that tree in their house.

Today was a somber day for me ... it's the 2 year anniversary of my dad passing away. I still can't believe he's gone. We had a complicated relationship, but I loved him unconditionally. I miss him so much. I still think, oh I need to call dad and tell him _________ (fill in the blank). And watching Jack grow - he LOVED LOVED LOVED Jack (he loved Allison too, but only saw her a few times) - I hate that he has missed these past 2 years and all that will come. Ok, that's all I can say about that. I miss my dad.

in addition...today was a very *long* day in the life of this mommy. Allison was incredibly challenging today and boy did I say some prayers for strength ... and patience and whatever else I needed to not completely loose it. DId I mention, Karl's at work?! Put it this way, it's 7:40 and the kids have been in their beds for 15 minutes already. I am D O N E for today. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow. Oh ya, Allison ate MORE gum today too...that was the icing on the cake.

Earlier today I enjoyed church service and the kids learned more about Noah in their Sunday school. Jack..."we learned about a guy who built a boat" ...ummm Noah ... "Ya that's him, how did you know?" I know everything. Now mind you, I've read them that story about 20 times. {rolling eyes} We enjoyed some lunch at McCallisters with Stacie & her kiddos. :)

I need to get a shower, make some bows, clean up the living room, write some thank you notes and I'm sure there is more. I'd rather crawl in bed and watch a tivo'd Jon & Kate + 8 though....

I just realized (thanks to my People magazine) that Dancing with the Stars and Lipstick Jungle premiere this week. WOO HOO There is a bright spot in a gloomy day....

I just need to be thankful for what I have and for my 2 children, regardless of the very challenging days.............

No comments: