Sunday, June 22, 2008

ahhh...Sunday night

It has indeed been a sun & water filled weekend. I have the headache to prove it. We spent yesterday morning at the pool with Oma Linda and enjoyed a picnic lunch poolside. We came home to the unhappy surprise of our hot water heater not working AGAIN. Let me tell you, that was one cold shower........ Our awesome neighbor came and took a look at it and got it working again, but that was AFTER the cold shower.

Today we enjoyed church ... it was a good sermon pulled from the Book of Judges. The music is always my favorite part. :) Karl didn't make it with us though ... the water heater pilot light went out AGAIN. So, he fixed it....hopefully.

We went to the pool again today and there were 3 times as many people there as yesterday! Karl and I made the executive decision to try another pool next weekend. Jack is all about swimming underwater and Allison just wants to JUMP IN. We brought some watermelon with us and enjoyed it during the pool-wide safety break. Allison ate her weight in it ... and then spent the rest of the time telling me she had to go potty. :) One gem, after one trip to the bathroom we got all "set" to go and then she informed me that she already went potty. Uh-oh...I asked when and where did she go potty ... guess what the answer was........... THE POOL.

Oma Linda heads out tomorrow and Karl goes back to work on Wednesday. I'm hoping for a little down time soon and maybe some retail therapy.

We'll take a break from the pool tomorrow...we don't want our blonde hair turning green! It's a little weird buying the shampoo for my kids that gets the chlorine out - I totally remember that from when I was little. :)

We really are enjoying summer so far!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Okay what shampoo do you use? I cannot find anything but the Loreal brand here. Seems to be working but wondered if anywhere still carried the ultra swim pool shampoo?