Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday ramblings

I've been busy this week, but now I'm trying to remember what I've been busy doing?? Hmmm. Well, it involved kids and water I'm sure.

Last night I got some super sad news -- my friend Tina's mom passed away. She had had surgery to remove cancer ...and ended up dying from complications from the surgery. Just crazy. I'm still in shock.......I went to write on here about it last night, but couldn't. I have WAY too many friends that have lost a parent already. We just are toooooooooo young for this!!

On a happier note,

Yesterday I had a fun morning with my kids. Our church had a "splash day". The kids had a blast - there weren't too many people there so no one was overwhelmed. They made snocones and had gold fish crackers and Capri Sun. (I think Jack would live on that if I allowed it.... ) We met some friends from preschool there and just enjoyed ourselves!

Today the kids finished up summer camp at their preschool. It was also splash day there....lots of splash days this week. After I picked them up I thought, now what do we do for 2 months!?! Well I guess the answer is MORE pool time. My kids should have CRAZY tans by the end of the summer!! Karl and I enjoyed our last "date lunch" for a while. We lived it up and had Honey Bee Ham sandwiches. We're so crazy. I also delivered some bows to a customer and picked up Allison's new birthday bike!!

Because I love details and planning, I was excited to pack Allison's birthday party goody bags ... ya her party isn't until July 12th. I like to be prepared. ;) I'm all set besides wrapping her presents and ordering the pizza. I like that feeling of accomplishment!!

A sweet lady named Marie Callender is providing our dinner tonight. ;) The microwave ding, oh I mean Marie, is calling me to the kitchen.

If you would, please say a prayer for Tina's mom ... her name is Annie...and the family so that they may find peace. Thanks

Until next time.......

No comments: