Saturday, June 28, 2008

One tired Mama...

As I typed that I yawned! It was a busy morning/afternoon for us. We went to a new pool/lazy river that opened today. We stayed for 4 hours (which is a long time for us) and had a BLAST. We went with 2 sets of neighbors.

So, here's a funny story.... we were the first ones to get there (along with our neighbors). Well, turns out the first hour was going to be a VIP only event. WELL, we got there and they were going to try to tell us that. My neighbor Karen, who is a crack up, tells the man "well let's see I pay my taxes and my community association fee, so I'm pretty sure we're going in now". And with that we all walked in!! :) The back story is that is a community pool and we pay some heft community association fees around here.......

We were the first ones on the new lazy river part of the pool. It was great. Well, as we are rounding a turn I see someone snapping pictures of us. As we get up to him he tells me he's from the Houston Cronicle (newspaper) and wants to use our picture in the paper. That's fun and all, but I had my hair in a french braid, didn't have an ounce of makeup on and was in my swimming suit. NOW THAT'S HOW I WANT TO BE PICTURED!! Yikes. Hopefully if he puts that picture in, I'll be covered up by Allison. :)

The kids are in bed ...I am going to watch a little more TV and then do the same. I'm pooped. Oh, first I have to go put in a neighbor dog. Suddenly I'm the go-to for dog care....{rolling my eyes}

That's all the excitment from here......

No comments: