Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF

Ok, really it doesn't matter what day of the week it is when you're a stay at home mom and your husband is a pilot with a goofy schedule!!

Karl will be home in a couple of hours....yippeeee! I give props to the single moms out there.

We had a fun morning at the YMCA pool with my friend Stacie & her kids. She is also a pilot wife and lives the same crazy life! We have become great friends over the past year and our kids really get along well too! Such a blessing to make a good friend when you're so far from home!!!

Karl would make fun of me...but the kids and I had my FAVORITE thing for dinner. We went to Quiznos. Now, I know I could have spent $14 on something much wiser, but I do love me a classic club with bacon. ;)

I took both kids for haircuts tonight. It could have gone really wrong with Allison ...but she cooperated and tolerated them messing with her hair. She just got about an inch or so cut off. She is almost 3 and this is only her second haircut! She still has cradle cap ... I'm embarrased to admit! It's a circle on top of her head that I have never been able to get rid of. I'm certain the hair people thought I was completely unfit for it being there still. So, my stress of the night is how to fix that situation. I have to becareful to not damage the hair folicle and/or irritate her head. They tried to sell me some $17.00 crap ... but I declined. I am going to try some good old fashioned baby oil first. If anyone reading this has any ideas on what to do ... please comment!!! My Jack looks like a little man with his haircut. His hair is blonder this summer with all the sun.

I'm looking forward to trying out a new LAZY RIVER that they built in my community. We are heading there tomorrow morning. We moved to a flippin' oasis. It's unreal really. There is MUCH to be said about living near you family -- but if you can't -- this is a good second choice!!

Today my mom found out that she might be retiring in November. CRAZY. It's ahead of schedule, but her company is going through transition. It's a good thing for her though.

Alright, time to snuggle with my babies before bedtime. I often explain to them that they are my babies now and forever. I get the "no I'm 5" and "no I almost 3" ... but then I explain that even when THEY are 33 - they will STILL be my babies. :)

TGIF.....

No comments: