Monday, August 11, 2008

It's been a while since I've really posted!

I feel like I need to catch up or update or something!! We've been home from our trip since Friday, but it seems like every minute has been filled with something to do!

We had a great trip home - full of Grandma visiting, eating, friend visiting, shopping, eating, picture taking, eating and flower girl & "wedding bear" (aka ring bearer) clothes shopping. Jack & Allison got lots of playtime with cousin Hannah and they all seemed to have a blast. Karl actually got to join us for a couple days. We had to leave to soon, but that's always the case.

We had to catch an early flight on Friday (8:40am) which translates into getting up EARLY. The kids were good sports about it and everything went smoothly. I almost have it down to a science. Jack is good 98% of the time and Allison ... well she tries.... Our flight was delayed about 20 minutes, but luckily there is a Starbucks across from the gate and the apple danishes made everyone happy!

We picked Maggie up from the new kennel and she was happy to see us! It cost a fortune to board her there, but it was the right place to put her. She got to run and play and dig and bark. Those are her favorite things! :)

I have my Mother of Preschoolers retreat this weekend. I am working on it with 2 other moms and it's taking up a lot of my "free" time. But, I love organizing ... so it's right up my alley. Karl will have the kids to himself for TWO nights!!! I'll have to let you know how that goes!!!!!!!

We had Stacie and her kids tonight - it's always fun to get together with them! We tried out a new place (well it's not new ... we just haven't been there). It's Italian ... it was ok. It's no Rich & Charlies.........

Jack is gearing up for kindergarten - I still can't believe he's old enough for ALL DAY school. He has all his school supplies and his new backpack. We are going shoe shopping later in the week. Allison will go back to her preschool in September--her little friends from last year should be in class with her again this year. They'll both do soccer through the YMCA and Karl and I are excited about that. :)

Well, I'm going to go eat a brownie and chill out.

No comments: