Monday, August 18, 2008

It's a Monday, but that's ok.

We didn't leave the house today, but it was a good day. The kids played with Jack's pirate ship & million accessories for hours today. I had the bug man come spray the house, so before that I was crazy picking-crap-off-the-floor woman! Turns out we may have a little "friend" living in our attic. LOVELY.

After a conversation with a friend this weekend, I remembered the Chuck Norris facts website. Now, I really get a kick out of this because my mom LOVES Chuck Norris and I grew up with her watching Texas Walker Ranger and anything else she could find. :) If you've never read any of them ... some are really good! http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

I listed some of Allison's clothes on ebay today - why is that so hard for me?? The girl has a TON of clothes, but it's hard to part with them! BUT, must make room for clothes that fit...right?! I have a coupon for Gymboree that starts on Thursday...so we'll pick up a few more fall pieces.

I really enjoyed my MOPS retreat this weekend. It was good to get to know (better) the other moms that are on the leadership team. We really enjoyed sharing stories about our family, life and faith. Oh and a few glasses of wine.... We were staying in a log cabin at a place called Camp Allen and I slept in a bunk bed {Jack was so dissappointed that I didn't sleep in the TOP bunk}. It was pretty much in the middle of no where - so we drove to the Texas A&M campus for dinner. There were a few Aggie women there and they were proud to show off their campus -- although it was dark and we didn't actually SEE a lot. I'm on the hospitality committee - I share responsibility with 2 other ladies. It's a good fit. :)

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day ... well child check ups, preschool teacher home visit, babysitting some favorite friends and then dinner with said friends! Then Karl will be home ... yeah! Allison's teacher's name is Miss Flo ... does anyone else find that funny?

I have the Olympics on in the background - is anyone else having Michael Phelps withdrawl?!

I told myself I'd go to bed at a decent time tonight ... must. stick. to. that.

No comments: