Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching up

It's been a few days since I posted anything! The week has been busy with swimming lessons, ballet and of course everyday life! :)

Allison finished up her ballet today - turns out ballet isn't really here "thing". On Monday she spent most of the class under the chair she was supposed to be standing next to and today didn't go much better. She did look REALLY cute in here little leotard, tights and skirt though. :)

Tomorrow is the last day for swimming lessons for both kiddos. Jack has had pretty much private lessons and is doing great - jumping in the 10 ft water and getting to the edge (my whole goal). Allison is participating more this week ... I think this one has to do with the instructor's "technique" last week for the lack of participation ... she really does love pools/water/swimming.

I'm working on getting us ready for our St. Louis trip. I am looking forward to getting home. Yes, after 7 years of not living there, I still consider STL my home. Now to get all the logistics of seeing everyone.

We'll be seeing my Grandparents. They are 92 now and doing ok, but not great We always see them when we get home. My kids love them (me too). :) Grandpa's memory is gone, but he is still fun!! Grandma is frail, but still spirited.

We'll be staying at my mom's ... in my old room ... me and my kids. ha ha. (Karl won't be with us for the first 1/2). It always makes me laugh just thinking about it....

Today we went to our church's splash day and then to Chik-Fil-A with some friends. We put our collective 6 kids at one table and we mamas at another and actually got to talk!! It was fun.

It's been a busy day and I'm feeling tired! Surely this Epstein Barr Virus is on it's way out, RIGHT?! I still am not myself, but certainly ready to be! Hopefully I'll get a good night of sleep and be feeling better tomorrow!! Oh - I have a hair appointment tomorrow- yeah. Two or three hours to just chill....ahhh.

J & A are upstairs playing dress up. Jack must have like 57 layers on right now. He's spiderman and Allison is Sleepy Booty (yes that is how she says it).

I need to decorate some tote bags for my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) leadership retreat, so once the kids go to bed I need to get my creative juices flowing. It will involve a bow I'm sure. I'm excited to have a bigger role in MOPS this year, I'm on the hospitality committee. One other lady and myself are planning/organizing our retreat in August. My MOPS group is actually at our church and between the two I've been able to make some great friends.

If you read this, you know I love Gymboree (kids store) ... they started a big sale today, I have a 25% off coupon and STL will have tax free this weekend. WOO HOOO.

I don't think I have anything else exciting to write about... just a normal week. Oh - I signed both kids up for soccer at the YMCA for the fall. That should be fun/funny!! :)

No comments: