Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I survived Walmart AND Chuck E Cheese today!

Today has seemed like a long day! It's been good though (with the exception of the trip to Party City). We went to the "donut store" for breakfast...Jack wanted to ride bikes...but I wasn't feeling it!! Anyway, we went for donuts (a family favorite) and then to the library for some "new" books. We were going to brave a family Walmart trip...but decided against it. We did our standard lunch & then nap for Allison. Oh, we are taking care of Goose, the neighbor dog again...so our day also included several trips to his house. Karl went to work around noon ... but it's a short trip-- yeah!! Some neighbors were also husband-less, so we took the kids (6 of them) to Chuck E. Cheese. It went suprisingly well!!! whew....

So, we did get to Walmart today ...it was the kids & me. Although I'm the only one feeling sentimental about it ... I bought my baby boy's first school supplies today!!!!!!!!!!!!! We picked out #2 pencils, Elmer's glue, new crayons, etc.... you get the idea. Makes me all mushy just thinking about it!! Anyway, it was fun. :)

Now Party City ... well they suck. They send out this big flashy ad claiming 50% off. Well, that my friend was a bunch of BS. It's the normal everyday price there. They said, oh it's off the "MSRP" ... anyway...makes me want to cuss, but I'll refrain!!!!!!!!!! Who in the WORLD would pay $5.00+ for 8 paper plates?? Um, NO ONE. MSRP my ....well you know....... Anyway, we left without buying anything. I'll show them!!!!! ;)

My other mind-numbing activity was figuring out what to spend my Gymboree Gymbucks on tomorrow. I know about 1% of people have any interest in that ... but I love that store. I love feeling like a got a good deal. Karl just rolls his eyes!!

I need to fold laundry and then I think I'll go upstairs and watch some Tivo'd Jon & Kate + 8. I love that show...but Karl hates it...I can only watch it when he's gone. Oh wait...have to go do one more Goose the dog run.....

Ok, obviously not an earth-rattling exciting day ... but it was still a good one. :)

1 comment:

Martha said...

LOL... Gymbucks rule..