Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just what's been going on today

Today started off a little on the rough side - kids up to early, me not feeling so great, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!! Then Karl calls and gives me his *lovely* schedule for August. Ok, as if you hadn't guessed, it's not lovely. It flat out stinks. So... that was a wet blanket on the morning!! I am going to attempt to remedy that situation tomorrow morning ... there is a 2 minute window each month where the pilot can *try* to drop (get rid of) a certain trip. Well, Karl is in Equador and can't really wait on hold for 25 minutes, kwim? Anyway, we'll see if I can be his proxy and drop those CRAPPY trips!! I know I should just be thankful he has a job ... but boy do I want him home when our baby boy starts kindergarten!!

The kids and went to church this morning. Jack happily goes (makes me so happy) but Allison isn't so thrilled. They have a series going on in their Sunday school that involves two characters dressed up with crazy Einstein hair. Well, Allison does NOT like them. I was solo, so after I did my preschool check in volunteering, I just decided to accompany Allison. I wanted her to know it was ok and have her not associate church with scary!! She had told me over the past two weeks that she didn't like the monsters...well this week it dawned on me what the "monsters" were. Anyway, I joined her for their Bible lesson and we danced and sang and made sure everything was ok. Ironically, the verse this week was about being brave. She was happy the whole time and hopefully this will carry through to next week because mama needs to learn some stuff too. :)

My neighbors watched the kids so I could attend a meeting for *the* consignment sale around here. I'm selling some stuff for my MOPS group, but also want to get rid of some of our toys. They are TAKING OVER THE HOUSE. Anyone that's been to my house, heck anyone that knows me ... knows this is soooooooo true.

I should be getting to bed, but when Karl's out of town, sleeping is sometimes a struggle. I'm least excited when he's in another country ... heck another continent. My routine is to lay in bed and watch my tivo'd Jon & Kate + 8 ... but I think I'm out of them!! Oh no! :)

I read a lady I knew back in Columbus' blog tonight. She lost her husband in a plane crash in the Spring. Reading her posts just makes you sooooooo appreciative of your family. I'll give my babies an extra pat tonight and wish I could give my hubby an extra hug. Do me a favor, go love on (that sounds like something that lady would say) your family!

Tomorrow we start swimming lessons (again). This will be Jack's 2nd set this summer and Allison's FIRST. I will let you know how that goes...... We also have ballet again...poor Jack will get dragged to that. :)

The other blogs I read are often so profound. Mine: not so much.

No comments: