Thursday, July 3, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

So here is a random funny story...
So yesterday before Karl left for work we were all upstairs hanging out in our bedroom. Jack calls it "family time". Anyway, we were watching the show "Dirty Jobs" because my husband and children LOVE that show. Usually it's very kid-friendly. I don't even know what the segment was about ...but at the end Mike Rowe says "and now I have crap in my pants". So Jack says "he has crap in his pants?!?!" ...then Allison says "CRAP IN HIS PANTS" (she says everything loudly). By then I am DYING but trying to be the responsible parent and emphasize we don't SAY that word. Karl was just trying to hold back the laughter. So then Jack says -- "what's crap anyway?". So Karl tells him ... it's another not nice word for poop. So Jack says "crap means poop" ...then Allison says "CRAP MEANS POOP!!!!". Eiy yie yie. I was really having a hard time with being that responsible parent...but we just ended the conversation with that fact that kids don't say the word "crap".........

We spent a good part of the day at another pool -- one we hadn't been to this year. We met our friend Tiffany & her kids. The kids had a BLAST together. It was fun -- I got way too much sun and I'm sleepy. :)

We drove down to the airport tonight to have a quick dinner with Karl ... then back home. :( When he saw that the 4th would be spent in Vancouver he thought that would be cool and then I reminded him Vancouver was in CANADA.

Alright...I'm going to let Maggie inside and then head to bed. My pillow is calling my name.....

Happy 4th of July y'all!!!

No comments: