Saturday, July 19, 2008

A low key day!

I can't believe it's Saturday - somewhere in the week I lost track of what day it was!!!

Yesterday we went to the Barnum & Bailey Circus!! The kids really enjoyed it -- heck the grown ups did too! Allisons says her favorite part was the elephants and Jack hasn't decided yet. We went with some of our neighbors and all the kids really enjoyed being there together. So, the most astounding part to us was that the cotton candy cost more than a ticket!!!! Seriously, we had the YMCA discount, so they were $8 each and the cotton candy was $10!!!!!!!!!! Something's not right about that ... you know it cost like $0.02 to make. I took some video, but I seemed to have lost my uploading skills...so we'll see if I can post it! They really did put on a great show though! The "star", Bello, was this crazy-talented clown that had so many different skills!! It was fun - I'm sure we'll go back next year too!

Jack has 95% mastered riding his bike without training wheels! It's amazing to watch ...also makes me a little sick to my stomach because I'm afraid he'll get hurt!! He just needs to be "launched" by a grown up and then he's good!

Today the kids, Maggie and I went and checked out a different dog kennel. We're going to St. Louis soon and we really need a new option for Maggie. We've tried 2 other kennels here, but we didn't love either. We've also tried keeping her at the house and having the neighbors let her out and play with her ... she poops in the house and eats stuff out of anger. :( So...we are going to try a new place! The price is STAGGERING though. I miss the days of my friend Nikki watching Maggie at her house for next to nothing. It was the PERFECT set up and we knew Maggie was being loved! This one we looked at today looks pretty good though. They can keep 20 dogs at a time, they let them out to play 5 times a day. The "big" dog area is like 100' x90' - so it's great. All is good ... except the price.

Allison continues to be a sassy pants, so we're working on that. She has been a good girl today, with the exception of a few COMMANDS to me. {rolling my eyes} Our neighbor gave the kids some hand-me-down toys, so they've been enjoying their "new"things. :)

Both kids start swimming lessons on Monday at the YMCA. This will be Jack's 2nd round this summer, but Allison's 1st! She likes swimming, so hopefully it will go well! We continue with ballet also on Monday & Wednesday.

Guess that's it! We're having a low key day today ... it's nice. :)

1 comment:

Martha said...

ww.. no training wheels.. THAT ROCKS!